Vegan orders surge more than 100% in 12 months
New data from Deliveroo has revealed that since November 2019 (World Vegan Month), vegan food orders made via the delivery platform have surged by 115%.
Deliveroo now has more than 10,000 vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants available across the UK, and the company cites the cities with the most vegan orders per capita this year as Brighton, Bristol, London, Manchester and Edinburgh.
Dishes featuring imitation meats are in the majority of Deliveroo's more popular plant-based dishes - a trend growing in popularity as identified by the company last year.
"It’s fantastic to see that Deliveroo customers are embracing the growing choices of vegan dishes available on the platform," comments Elena Devis, commercial manager and vegan category lead at Deliveroo.
"Year on year we’ve seen huge growth in demand for plant-based food, and it is our goal as a company to be the go-to platform for healthy and vegan options."
The most popular meals ordered on the platform in the past month are as follows:
- Acai Berry Bowl from Juicebaby (London, Notting Hill)
- Sneaky Clucker from Oowee Vegan (Bristol)
- New York Melt from The Vurger Co (Brighton)
- Sweet Potato Kiri Hodi from Mildreds (London, Camden)
- Doner Kebab Wrap from What the Pitta (Brighton)
- Neat Burger from Neat Burger (London, Whitechapel)
- Father Jack Burger from Biff’s Vegan Burgers & Wingz (Manchester)
- Vegan Gyros Wrap from The Athenian Plant Based (Nottingham)
- Quinoa Taco from by CHLOE (London, Oxford Circus)
- The One and Only, Parmigiana Party from Purezza (London, Camden)